Our Denture Service
The stages of denture manufacture usually include:
- Preliminary impressions with standard impression trays
- Secondary impressions with impression trays, which are custom-made for each patient for maximum accuracy and fit
- Registration of the patient's "bite" using wax denture templates
- After setting up at the laboratory, the dentures are ready to trial in the mouth with the teeth set into wax for ease of alteration
- Once the patient is happy with the trial stage, the dentures are processed into plastic and fitted.
Options for patients at The Denture Centre
Our starting range uses our standard denture technique and materials and is aimed at patients who require a comfortable, functional set of dentures. With this range we use teeth which offer high quality cosmetics and wear resistance with our standard acrylic base. This requires four visits and one follow-up appointment.
Our Superior Service uses better quality individual teeth, giving a more natural appearance and a stronger, impact resistant acrylic base. This technique requires five appointments and one follow up appointment. Choosing our Superior Service gives Simon opportunity to spend more time with you to ensure the denture tooth shade and mould provides the desired cosmetic outcome you want, whilst ensuring the stability and confidence you deserve.
The bespoke range is the highest quality available. From the individual teeth to the impact-resistant and injection-moulded acrylic base, every care is taken to achieve individual patient satisfaction.
For the most discerning patient there can be no greater comfort than seeing the teeth gradually set up by Simon in the surgery to their specification. This technique requires five longer appointments and two follow-up appointments.
For the Ultimate Bespoke Service at additional cost, the first four stages can be accomplished in one day. The patient pre-books and spends the majority of the day exclusively with Simon, enabling the entire process of denture fabrication to be completed up to the wax trial stage. The patient then returns for fitting and for follow-up appointments as required.